15 May 2015
Sad news today on the passing of BB King. A great life for a great blues legend.
15 May 2015
2016 festival dates announced as 10 & 11 June
14 May 2015
T-shirts now on sale at KP and Tourist Office (see Tickets page)
9 May 2015
Come and see our stand at Wallingford Car Rally. T-shirts, pint glasses & tickets for sale
8 May 2015
T-shirts have arrived with 25th logo. Only £10
24 April 2015
Welcome back Mumbo-Jumbo (fab last year) who have stepped in to replace Stomp & Holler.
24 Mar 2015
And here we are again in the Oxford Times...
23 Mar 2015
Award winning Matt Woosey new live album just released “While the Cat’s Away”
20 Mar 2015
Great feature on the festival in Wallingford Herald 19 Mar 2015. View here
13 Feb 2015
We are supporting Blewbury Brass Band and Farmability with proceeds from this year's event.
10 Feb 2015
Tickets now on sale at KP Stationers, Wallingford Tourist Office and The Coachmakers Arms
22 Dec 2014
Congrats to Matt Woosey on his recent blues Award. We now have three 2014 winners playing next year!
30 Nov 2014
PLEASE, please... don’t leave it too late to get tickets.
We sold out in advance last year and don’t like to disappoint people expecting to get in on the door.
Book on-line or get tickets earlier from our outlets - Feb 2015
21 Nov 2014
Need a stocking filler? - tickets are now available on-line see The Tickets page.
20 Nov 2014
Our amazing 2015 line-up is sorted! Check out The Bands for details.
19 Nov 2014
Sad news at the passing of Silver Phil - a great blues event organiser from the Oxford area and an avid supporter of our festival.
2nd July 2014
2015 dates announced as 12 & 13 June. Out this in your diary for our 25th anniversary event!
6th June 2014
Excellent local press coverage. Click here
5th June 2014
Click this link for a great report on the event
4th June 2014
Oi oi! to Peter 'Do you know who I once was' Flannery without whose help we couldn't have got The Blockheads to appear.
3rd June 2014
Thomas Ford - vote for him in the Emerging Artist category at britishbluesawards.co.uk
2nd June 2014
Massive thanks to everyone who made this year's event such a great success.
The organisers, attendees, volunteers, bands, sponsors and advertisers.
There wouldn't be a festival without your devotion.
30th May 2014
Blockheads break box office - for the first time ever the festival sold out in advance of doors opening! Apologies to those we had to turn away, but tickets have been on sale since Nov 2013...
Happy 25th; Wallingford Blues & Beer Festival
The first challenge for our 25th Anniversary was to top 2014, arguably the best ever! So, in traditional style we've gone for; “Something old, something new, something borrowed and something BLUEs”
Let's start with the OLD:
- Tickets prices are the same as 2009! £15 each night, £5 Sat afternoon with a special on-line £25 only offer weekend ticket... and they're on sale now!
- Dr Feelgood are headliners on 'Feel Good Friday' – originally formed in the 1960’s and arguably Europe's premier R&B band.
- Matt Woosey - opening the festival on Friday and recently picking up a British Blues Award for his new album 'Wildest Dreams'
- Laurence Jones - at 22, the sensational 'Young artist of the Year' 2014 British Blues Awards.
- 'The Coach Inn' - ex St Trinian's school bus making its first appearance as mobile bar.
- Chantel McGregor - borrowed from 2013 by popular demand, this time as Best British Blues Guitarist 2014.
- Ben Poole - with his fabulous four piece, the most exciting young blues/roots artist to come out of the UK in a long, long time...
- Mumbo-Jumbo - borrowed from last year's Afternoon Session.
- Armadillo Blues - We're bringing these guys over from Sweden especially for the event.
- Howlin' Mat - down-to-earth one man boogie blues stylist.
- The Vincent White Band - showcasing local blues-based bands is what we are about.
All proceeds go to charity and we've given away over £45k to local music and child based charities since we began.
We are delighted to announce the two organisations we are supporting with this years' proceeds are: FarmAbility and Blewbury Brass Band. A great thanks to all the worthy causes that applied, it was tough deciding.
Check the bands through their links and then back here for future festival updates.
- Great Blues
- Great Beer
- Great BBQ
- Great fun
Sponsorship & Advertising
Suggestions as follows:-
- Sponsor part of the event or publicity
- Sponsor a band
- Sponsor or advertise on posters, leaflets, tickets, programmes etc
- Sponsor a barrel